skip to Main Content

What the CRA Said

By Nizam Shajani, CPA, CA, MBA Canada Emergency Rend Subsidy Qualifying organizations can apply directly for the new Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). This means qualifying organizations can apply for the subsidy without the need to claim the assistance through their landlords. Applicants can claim the subsidy retroactively for…

Administration of Property Held for Others Under Statutory Authority  

By Nizam Shajani. CPA, CA, MBA As your parents and grandparents age, you may find yourself in a position where you need to assist them with the management of their financial affairs.  Taking on this responsibility requires an understanding of what is or may become involved in financial reporting. Passing of accounts is the process…