Tamas Lukacs and I am a Certified General Accountant. After obtaining my training in accounting, I have worked in the area of public practice accounting for over 15 years (7 years in management) providing professional accounting, taxation and management consulting solutions to small and medium enterprises and individuals. Working with clients from a wide spectrum of industries and backgrounds allowed me to develop valuable skills and experience to contribute to the success of their organizations. My current position, as a client manager, with Shajani LLP allows me to further my contributions building into progressive and innovative organizations allowing me to utilize my interests and skills to their benefit.
I have extensive experience working independently, relationship building skills, the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, exceptional time management skills, being comfortable with technology and successfully and effectively using a large variety of accounting, taxation and general office software as well as online, web-based programs and research tools. I am committed, responsible, loyal, dedicated, dutiful, structured, organized, pleasant, dependable, deliberate and methodical.
My current responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the managing partners, responsibly managing client assignments and projects and delivering a high quality of service on time. This includes coaching, advising and supporting team members in meeting client and self-development expectations.
- Developing solutions for clients and managing the implementation of ideas in a cost effective manner.
- Successfully planning, organizing and controlling multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve assignment objectives.
- Effectively anticipating and communicating budget issues, identifying opportunities to improve assignment profitability.
- Ensuring compliance with various internal and external reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
After attaining the Certified General Accountant designation, I have worked as a part time instructor at Grant MacEwan University, Edmonton, Alberta where I developed and instructed courses in taxation and business mathematics including student evaluations. This experience is helping me to support and train junior team members at Shajani LLP.
I am also a volunteer with Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton and area for over 5 years where I enjoy mentoring boys coming from disadvantaged homes.